Horse Care ULTRA Pellets
A cereal grain free ultra low starch conditioning pellet, with added RED MILLS Nutrition Care package.
- Low Starch
- Cereal-Grain Free
- High Oil
- High Fibre
- Slow Release Energy
- Skeletal Development
- Performance horses requiring an ultra-low starch conditioning feed
- Stud horses requiring an ultra-low starch conditioning feed
- Horses prone to laminitis IR or EMS needing a conditioning feed
- Horses prone to gastric issues
- Horses prone to muscle soreness
- Horses that are easily stressed or temperamental
Specially formulated to support
- Energy levels in an ultra low starch format
- Controlled energy release for sustained performance and stamina
- Fiber digestion and nutrient absorption
- Healthy gastric balance and hindgut function
- Muscle function and post-exercise recovery
- Balanced temperament
- Immune function
- Condition and topline
- Bone strength and integrity
- Hoof condition and quality
RED MILLS Formulation Features
- Cereal-grain free, ultra-low starch formulation
- Steamed cooked and double pelleted for improved digestibility and nutrient availability
- High in easily digestible fibers and oil
- Source of quality protein and essential amino acids
- RED MILLS Pro Balance vitamin and mineral package, rich in iron and copper
- RED MILLS Care package
- Contains yeast and prebiotics, MOS and FOS
- Contains a natural long-lasting gastric acid buffer
- Added biotin and associated nutrients, including zinc and copper
- Added antioxidants including vitamin E, C and selenium
- Added bone support package, including Vitamin K
- Contains electrolytes
Choose your horse’s workload/lifestage and then either select your feeding rate using the per 100 kg bodyweight column, or, if you do not know your horse’s exact bodyweight, use the closest column to your horse in by horse weight column.
by Horse Weightl
|Horse Activity||400 kg||500 kg||600 kg||Per 100 kg Bodyweight|
|Light Work/ Barren Mares||0.8 - 2.4 kg||1.0 - 3.0 kg||1.2 - 3.6 kg||0.2 - 0.6 kg /100 kg BW/Day|
|Moderate Work/ Pregnant Mares 0-6 months||1.6 - 3.2 kg||2.0 - 4.0 kg||2.4 - 4.8 kg||0.4 - 0.8 kg /100 kg BW/Day|
|Hard Work/ Pregnant Mares 6+ months||3.2 - 4.8 kg||4.0 - 6.0 kg||4.8 - 7.2 kg||0.8 - 1.2 kg /100 kg BW/Day|
|Intense Work/ Lactating Mares||4.8 - 6.4 kg||6.0 - 8.0 kg||7.2 - 9.6 kg||1.2 - 1.6 kg /100 kg BW/Day|
Dried Plain Beet Pulp,Ground Soybean Hulls,Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal,Ground Extruded Whole Soybeans,Cane Molasses,Wheatfeed,Soybean Oil,Dehulled Sunflower Meal,Mono-Dicalcium Phosphate,Magnesium Oxide,Salt,Calcium Carbonate,Yeast Primary Dried,Chicory Root Dried,Active Dry Yeast,Biotin
Crude Protein, minimum12.25%
Crude Fat, minimum7%
Crude Fiber, maximum21%
Copper, minimum40 ppm
Vitamin A, minimum6000 IU/lb
It’s all about performance. Since we’ve moved to Horse Care, we’ve got a very consistent level of performance. Everything is in the feed; it’s a worldwide name and their reputation is very good. If we’ve any problems we can ring them up, their aftercare is very good and somebody will come down.
It’s great to have an ultra-low starch product as an addition to the Horse Care range we currently use. It’s reassuring to know we are feeding the same trusted feed with the Horse Care benefits while ensuring those horses who require a low starch diet can continue in training and perform to the highest levels. We wouldn’t be without Horse Care Ultra Cubes now we have seen the results!
We use the Horse Care Range for all of our horses, from the youngsters to those competing at 5*. It’s simple to understand. In this simplicity, it’s easy to make clear adjustments when necessary as the horses mature and their work levels change so to maintain their condition and energy. All the products are low starch and contain the Care package which supports their digestive health, which is really important to us.
Nutrition is essential for horses to withstand the pressures of eventing at the highest level. I feed Horse Care which all my horses, from young ones to those competing at advanced, do really well on. I can ring RED MILLS for expert advice, they’re there to discuss any queries I have alongside Foran Equine they ensure all my horse’s nutritional needs are met.
Cooley Farm has been feeding RED MILLS feed since the inception of the business. Our many international clients often comment on how well our horses look. We attribute this directly to good bedding,
haylage and our RED MILLS feed. Their Horse Care Range in particular is second to none and is also highly palatable. The products work fast which is so important at Cooley Farm where stock turnover is
high. We would not use anything else.
I cannot recommend the team at Red Mills enough for the quality service and sound advice they have provided. From the first consultation to being able to order feed directly to my local feed merchant (rather than driving 120km round trip every 2 weeks!) and most importantly the great condition that my horses are in despite living in one of the toughest areas of the west coast has been a godsend for me and the horses.