Job Title: Equine Area Sales Representative
Reports to: Equine Sales Manager
Territory: Kildare, Meath & surrounding counties
Connolly’s Red Mills is a global leader in performance animal nutrition and is growing across a number of business areas. We are seeking to appoint an Equine Area Sales Representative to join our team in the Republic of Ireland based in the Kildare & Meath area. This is an exciting role for an experienced self-starter who has a passion for horse nutrition. The role will involve selling Connolly’s Red Mills feed products and Foran Equine supplements to stud farms, racing stables and sport horse yards in Kildare & Meath and surrounding counties.
To support and grow sales to existing customers and to identify new sales opportunities in your area. To also service indirect customers (those buying our products though the stockist network) and to work closely with the Equine Sales Manager and Trade Team to grow this business. The role also involves working with the Equine Technical Team to provide technical support to the customer base. A key responsibility of the Equine Area Sales Representative is to enhance the reputation and standing of the company in the area by building strong customer relationships, providing exceptional support and facilitating top class communication between the company and the customers.
- Ensure the overall sales plans for the area is achieved or exceeded
- Visit key customers regularly to identify and execute sales opportunities.
- Identify new potential customers and sales leads and follow through to close.
- Work closely with the marketing department to run promotions and campaigns aimed at developing sales of the two brands.
- Solve problems for customers and deal with complaints and enquiries as they arise.
- Work closely with the Equine Sales Manager to deliver top class technical support.
- Ensure that customers are fully aware of how best to use CRM and FE products.
- Ensure regular contact with decision makers via personal visits and phone calls
- Plan and implement an effective call cycle
- Maintain a forward planning calendar at least 1 week in advance
- Report informally to the Equine Sales Manager on a daily basis
- Become competent and proficient in the use of Maximizer Customer Relationship Management system and use it to report on call activities, complaints, and customer requirements
- Provide feedback to marketing, technical and management on market trends, customer issues, competitor activity and general business intelligence
- Become proficient in presenting sales reports to management at sales meetings
- Ensure that invoices are paid on time and assist the finance department with account collection
The role is home based and brings an attractive remuneration package including competitive salary, company car, pension, and opportunity to earn a bonus. Initial and ongoing training and support will be given, and the successful candidate will join a dynamic, established team who will be there to support and help as required.
The role is suited to someone who:
- Has a good knowledge of and interest in the equine industry particularly horse racing and Thoroughbred breeding
- Has good knowledge and familiarity with the key breeders, owners and trainers.
- Has proven sales experience in a customer-driven environment
- Has ability to represent and sell premium brands
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a self-starter with lots of initiative and ideas
- Has good planning and time management skills
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times
- Demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
- Value and respect colleagues and other members of staff
- Work with others to develop and improve our offering
- Take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver
- Uphold the company’s ethics and core values
To apply, email your CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 21st January 2022